BOLINAS COMMUNITY PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT
BCPUD BOX 390 270 ELM ROAD BOLINAS CALIFORNIA 94924 415 868 1224
A Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors
October 18, 2023 7:30 p.m.
The BCPUD Board of Directors has resumed in-person meetings at its offices (270 Elm Road, Bolinas);
the public is invited to participate in-person or via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/4229514446
Meeting ID: 422 951 4446 (no password required);
Dial by your location: +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
1. Call to Order.
3. Community Expression.
4. Manager’s Report and Project Updates.
– Update on the Status of the BCPUD’s Water Supply.
– Water Supply Memo
– Update on the BCPUD’s Groundwater Wells Project.
– Update on the BCPUD’s Tank Site Pipeline Replacement Project.
– Operations Update.
– Proposal for a Groundwater Monitoring Well Plan for BCPUD’s Sewage Treatment Facility (West Yost).
– Groundwater Monitoring Proposal (West Yost)
– Update on Proposed Projects to Remove Cypress and/or Eucalyptus Trees and/or Limbs of Such Trees on BCPUD Properties per Urban Forestry Associates’ Tree Failure Analysis and Risk Assessment Report; Removal of Cypress Trees Adjacent to Elm Road near intersection with Jute Road.
– Staff memo regarding tree removal
– Alliance of Coastal Marin Villages.
– PFOS Mar-June 2023
– Special Use Permit PRNS
– SWRCB Lead Service communication
– CalOES communication
– CalPers Communication
– Letter to USPS
5. Update on Recent Changes for DarkSky West Marin: Request for BCPUD Support of a Lighting Inventory to Measure Overly Bright Lights with Citizen Scientists as Data Collectors (P. Day).
– Update on DarkSky West Marin
– SF Chron 9 22 23 Activists push to qualify as DarkSky Community
6. Public Hearing to Consider Termination of Water Service and/or Revocation of Permit – Violation of Maximum Water Use Allowed Under Limited Water Use Permit #06-02 (A. Gade – 550 Overlook Road, Bolinas).
– Public Hearing – Gade LWUP
– Gade Water Use
7. Request for BCPUD to Clean Up Logs Allegedly Dumped on an Undeveloped Lot adjacent to Pine Road near the Intersection with Cherry Road. (E. Han).
– Request for Log Clean-up (Han)
8. Marin County’s Draft Short Term Rental Standards: Presentation by Marin County Principal Planner Leslie Lacko; Public Comment on the Draft Standards; BCPUD Comment Letter on Draft Standards.
– Marin County Short-Term Rental Ordinance
– Short Term Rental Ordinance Staff Report
9. Discuss Potential Revisions to BCPUD Resolution 655 re: Enforcement of Limited Water Use Permits.
10. BCPUD’s Pedestrian/Bicycle Path Project: Agreement for Engineering and Survey Services between the BCPUD and BKF Engineers.
– Agreement for Engineering and Survey Services
11. Appoint an Ad Hoc Committee of the Board re: Recology Sonoma-Marin Request for One-Time Extraordinary Rate Increase
12. Request to Use Parking Lot at Mesa Park (APN# 193-020-45) for Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event (“Toxic Away Day”) on November 11, 2023.
13. BCPUD Resolution 716: Adopting Section 1094.6 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
– BCPUD Resolution 716
14. Update from the Ad Hoc Committee re: BCPUD Building at 270 Elm Road, Bolinas.
15. Volunteer Committee Reports:
— Resident Permit Parking Plan Committee:
— Resource Recovery:
— Land Stewardship Committee:
16. Other Business.
a. Board Committee Reports:
— Mesa Septic, Flood Control and Roads:
— Water and Sewer Operations:
b. Minutes of the August 16, 2023 Regular Board meeting; Minutes of the September 20, 2023 Regular Board meeting; Minutes of the October 4, 2023 Special Board meeting.
d. Scheduling of Next Meeting(s).
The BCPUD requests individuals who require special accommodations to access and/or participate in this
meeting to please contact the BCPUD office at (415) 868-1224 at least 24 hours before the meeting.